Thursday, July 9, 2009

CoLLege VS. High SchooL

As you can see, I haven't posted much this few days. There are too many happenings in my Life right now but my scheduLe is so hectic. Even weekends, which shouLd be the time for reLaxation is spent on studying. :(

With my aLmost 1 month of being a coLLege student, I've Learned a Lot. I began to distinguish the differences between coLLege Life and high schooL Life. And I'm proud to say that I've changed -- in a good way. :D

Here are some of the differences between the two:

1. In coLLege, you can't expect the professors to eLaborate things for you. If they're teaching about the topic, they usuaLLy tackLe the main parts and they teach fast. ReaLLy fast. Sometimes, I want a prof to repeat a part which I didn't understand but I can't. This is not high schooL Life. This is different. There's no what you caLL it? Spoonfeeding? I think that's the term.

2. Connected with item number one. Since you cannot understand some stuffs, expect a Lot of studying on your own. That's why notes are heLpfuL. I usuaLLy jot down the stuffs my profs scrawL on the whiteboard, and the important stuffs that they mention. And Later on, study them. :)

3. If way back in high schooL, you're not fond of reading and onLy studies for major exams (Like me!) do not expect that things wiLL be the same when you're in coLLege. In coLLege you have to study everyday. Yes, you have a very Loose scheduLe. But the hours that you have free is going to be spent on studying. BeLieve me. You have to spent 2 hours on just one subject. 1 and a haLf at the Least.

4. You aLways have to do advance studying. You have to be at Least one chapter ahead. What I do in my case, (which is why I take hours in studying) is to study again what we discussed for that day. Then, I proceed to the next chapter.

5. Taking down notes in coLLege is hard! In high schooL, they gave us time to copy down notes. In coLLege, you have to Listen and write Like crazy at the same time! Like I said in number one, profs usuaLLy teach fast.

6. Your sociaL Life wiLL decrease. In a way, it wiLL expand 'coz you wiLL meet new peopLe. BLockmates, PE mates, org mates, course mates. Many peopLe and that means new friends. But usuaLLy you don't have time for bonding with them. Instead of making gaLa, you wiLL just opt to stay at home and rest or do advance studying. :P

7. You'LL Learn to be sLightLy independent. :P UnLike in high schooL, when you need to go to the CR, you'LL gonna ask your tropa to go with you. But in coLLege, you need to do things aLone. Like going home for exampLe. :)

8. Back in high schooL, when they are giving back the resuLts of the exams, you'LL aLways think how high am I? Because obviousLy, you'LL sureLy passed the exam. But here in coLLege, when the profs are giving back the exams, the question that is running through your mind is "Did I passed?!" And you'LL be very nervous whiLe waiting for the prof to caLL your name and give the exam to you. Once you've gotten the test paper, there are many reactions. MostLy, there are groans of disappointment, frowns, some even cry! But for those Lucky ones, they whoop with joy, smiLe so wide, and be overjoyed.

Hmm. What eLse? I cannot think of anything eLse. I'LL just add if I thought of something new. :D I'LL just post some tips for those incoming coLLege students out there. :D

1. ALways keep a friendLy face. SmiLe! In coLLege, everyone out there is friendLy and aLways wiLLing to heLp you.

2. During your first day, reLax! You're not the onLy one who doesn't know someone. If you're the shy type (Like me!) Learned to break out of your sheLL. Introduce yourseLf to the person sitting next to you. And start a conversation!

3. For those wondering how to start a conversation, start by asking the person's name. Then where did he/she graduated from. Next, where he/she Lives. From there, keep the conversation going. :)

4. Join orgs! That's fun way to meet new peopLe. And you can be friends with students who have the same course as you and are in the higher years. Instant free tutoring! :D

Hmm. I guess that's aLL I got to say. CoLLege Life is stressing, I admit. But it's aLso fun! Just remember, that it's not aLL studies here. Sometimes, you have to reLax. Reward yourseLf. EspeciaLLy if you just taken a reaLLy hard quiz. :P

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Naks. Salamat sa tips. Very helpful. :]

Ruin said...

Very cool. Good tips for us Mapuans. :P Thanks.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com